A Family Law Attorney In Ohio You Can Trust
My name is Carla B. Davis. For 36 years, I have offered understanding, skillful legal counsel to people throughout Northwest Ohio. Legal matters involving the family can bring on stress and aggravation. In every case, I try to minimize this stress by effectively guiding you through what can be a difficult time. I am able to serve your interests in all types of family law matters, such as the following:
- Divorce and dissolution: When necessary, I am a formidable litigator. Whenever possible, I am able to seek common ground in negotiations, mediation and other forms of dispute resolution. Regardless of the issues in your divorce, I can effectively represent your interests.
- Contested custody: My law firm represents married parents and unmarried parents in child custody matters. Custody battles between married parents are heard in Family Court, while custody disputes between unmarried parents are heard in Juvenile Court. In either event, I will work to achieve your best interests, as well as your child’s.
- Property distribution: Under Ohio law, each party in a divorce is entitled to an equitable distribution of all marital property.
- Spousal support: Whether you anticipate paying spousal support or receiving spousal support, I will help you understand all of the factors that go into determining an award of spousal support.
- Post-divorce issues: In the time after your divorce has been finalized, you may need to change or enforce sections of your agreement, such as child custody, spousal support and child support.
- Prenuptials: If you have substantial assets, or if you are entering into a second marriage, a prenuptial agreement can be a wise choice.
Contact Me At 419-808-9153
To learn more about me and my approach to divorce and other family law issues, call my office at 419-808-9153 or e-mail my law firm today.