Your Local Family Law Attorney With Decades Of Experience
Carla B. Davis
In order to provide you with the best in service, I prefer to keep my practice local within the areas of Lucas County, Wood County, Fulton County and Ottawa County. Meeting with clients and maintaining regular contact helps me better understand their needs and how to assist in meeting those.
Family law often entails many difficult and stressful issues that tend to hit us the hardest when we are most vulnerable. Understanding the legal system and one's rights and responsibilities can help to alleviate some of the stress. A combination of a strong support system and a good family law attorney will help guide a person through what tends to be an emotional and difficult time.
For 36 years, I have practiced family law. My experience helping clients ranges from divorces and dissolutions, to premarital agreements, custody, and support. The goal is to assist clients in obtaining a reasonable and fair settlement. If an acceptable agreement cannot be obtained, then I will pursue and protect your rights in court.
Before I began practicing solo, I worked for a public interest law firm. There I advocated for basic legal equality and represented people who had been diagnosed with mental illnesses. In addition, I was a volunteer mediator for many years with the Citizens Settlement Dispute Program.
Not only am I a current member of the Toledo Bar Association, but I am admitted to practice in federal court.
I am very active in the Toledo Community. These are some of the associations I work with:
- Board Member of National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI), Toldeo.
- Board Member of Children's Right Collaborative: We provide safe and secure visitation and exchange services for families experiencing separation because of divorce or family break-up
- Mentor through Sisters-in-Law Program, Mom's House: Sisters-in-Law is a group of female lawyers working towards the continued improvement of the lives of the moms and their children at Mom's House.
- Toledo Bar Association, Member
- Child Support
- Family Law
- Contested Custody
- Contested Divorce
- Post Divorce
- Spousal Support
- Property Division
- Ohio, 1984
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio, 1984
- University of Toledo College of Law, Toledo, Ohio
- J.D. - 1983
- University of Toledo, Toledo, Ohio
- Major: Psychology
- Major: Philosophy